THIS POLICY MAY CHANGE
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information You Give Us
We collect and store the personal information you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you use our site. Depending on how you use this site, you may supply us with information such as your name, your address, your phone number, your email address, your credit card information, or your browser history.
Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser
We collect information that is made available or sent to us by your web browser, including but not limited to your IP address, the address of the web page you were visiting when you accessed our site, the date and time of your visit, and information about your computer’s or other device’s operating system. Please check your browser or mobile device if you want to learn what information your browser or mobile device sends or makes available, or how to change your computer, browser or device settings. The information provided by your browser or mobile device does not identify you personally. We use this non-personal information primarily to create statistics that help us improve this site and make it more compatible with the technology used by people visiting this site. Nevertheless, if you have created a user identity, such as a membership, on one of your visits to this site, or if you access this site by clicking on a link in an email that we have sent you, we may combine the information provided by your browser with other information that identifies you personally.
Information We Collect Using Cookies and Other Technologies
We use “cookies” and other web technologies to collect information and support certain features of this site. For example, we use these technologies to collect information about the ways visitors use our site (e.g., which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page). Cookies and other web technologies are also used to support the features and functionality of our site. These technologies also permit us to keep a record of your previous choices and preferences so that we can personalize your experience and save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database. Generally, the information we collect using these web technologies does not identify you personally. It may, however, be linked to information that does identify you personally. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer or device. You may, of course, also delete our cookies as soon as you leave our site. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit our site, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you will not be able to use all of the features and functionality of this site, and in some cases this site may not be accessible at all.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may supplement the information collected through this site with information we collect in other ways. In general, we use this additional information to further personalize this site and improve your experience.
USE OF OTHER AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
A “web beacon” is an object embedded in a web page or email that is usually invisible to the user and allows website operators to check whether a user has viewed a particular web page or an email. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information, including a web cookie number, time and date of a page or email view, and a description of the page or email associated with that web beacon.
We may use web beacons on this site and in emails we send you to count users who have visited particular pages, viewed emails, etc. Web beacons are not used to access users’ personal information, but they are a means by which we may compile statistics about the usage of this site and our emails. Unlike cookies, you may not decline web beacons, but they can be rendered ineffective by declining all web cookies or by modifying your browser settings to notify you each time a web cookie is tendered so as to permit you to accept or decline web cookies on an individual basis.
We may also use third-party website analytics services in connection with this site. These analytics provide us with information about mouse clicks, movements, and scrolling activity, and text that you type into the site. These website analytics services generally do not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use their services. We use the information collected from these services to help make our site easier to use.
Finally, we may use mobile device identifiers, which are data stored on your mobile device that may track mobile device and data and activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers enable collection of personal information (such as media access control, address and location) and traffic data. If we use these mobile device identifiers, they will be used to help us learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the personal information we collect:
- to fulfill or provide you with the information, products and services you request or purchase;
- for security, credit or fraud-prevention purposes;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of this site or your purchases;
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of this site;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of our mobile applications or the mobile applications of others that we use;
- to improve our products and services, generally;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- to prevent or take action against illegal activity on our site, to comply with applicable law, or to cooperate with law enforcement;
- to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend claims, or as otherwise required by law or legal or administrative process;
- to provide to our affiliates who are providers of goods or services that may be of interest to you;
- for general marketing purposes;
- to transfer to third-party service providers, such as independent contractors, all information necessary for preparing and processing your service order, which may include transferring credit card and other payment information;
- to transfer to a successor organization in the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or sale of our business or assets; and
- for any other purpose we identify in an update to this policy.
OUR SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information as described below and in any update to this policy.
Our Affiliates and Joint Venturers
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies that perform services on our behalf. In this regard, we contractually require our service providers to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them, if any, and we permit them to use that information only in furtherance of the specific services or products they provide for us or on our behalf.
GOVERNMENT AND LEGAL DISCLOSURES
We may disclose the personal information we collect when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to:
- comply with the law or a court or administrative order or subpoena;
- prevent or investigate a possible crime such as fraud or identity theft, including cooperating with a legal process or governmental inquiry;
- protect our rights, property and safety, and that of any of our employees or contractors, our users or others; or
- protect what we perceive to be your vital interests.
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, store, use and disclose your personal information. We generally ask you to indicate your choices at the time that you register your account. You may browse our site or use our mobile applications without providing any information that identifies you personally, and you may choose not to provide any information that we request, although this may mean that you cannot take full advantage of this site or the resources and services we offer.
When you register an account or sign up for our email list, you may begin to receive information and product promotions periodically via e-mail. You may, however, “opt-out” of receiving our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions contained at the end of each promotional email we send you. You may also manage your subscription and email preferences by clicking on the “My Account” button on our site.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS (CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT LAW)
The California Civil Code, section 1798.83, permits you to request information regarding to whom we may have disclosed your personal information within the previous calendar year, along with the type of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct-marketing 6 purposes. Please note that this law does not require us to respond to a customer’s request more than once in any calendar year. Requests may be sent to us at Groops, Attention: Legal Department, 983 Hennepin Avenue E., Minneapolis, MN 55414.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT OF 2018
1. Request that we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- the categories of personal information about you that we collected;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- the purpose for collecting personal information about you;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information about you and the categories of personal information that was disclosed, if applicable, and the purpose for disclosing the personal information about you; and
- the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you;
2. Request that we delete personal information we collected from you, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception; and
3. Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and advise you how long we expect it will take to respond if we are able to verify your identity. Requests for specific pieces of personal information will generally require additional information to verify your identity.
For individuals submitting a request on behalf of another person, we may require proof of authorization and verification of identity directly from the person for whom the request is made. For a company or organization submitting a request on behalf of another person, we may require proof of authorization from the individual such as a power of attorney and verification of identity directly from the person for whom the request is made.
In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request. For example, we will not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another individual. Additionally, we will not honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of personal information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another consumer or where the personal 7 information that we maintain about you is not subject to the CCPA’s access or deletion rights. We will advise you in our response if we are not able to honor your request.
We will work to process all verified requests within 45 days. If we need a 45-day extension in order to process your request, we will provide you with an explanation for the delay. Requests for information by emailing us at email@example.com.
SECURITY AND PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have designed and taken steps to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure that we believe to be commercially reasonable and consistent with industry standards. It is important that you understand, however, that no website or database is completely secure or “hacker proof.” For your part, you are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse by, for example, protecting the confidentiality of your passwords. Although we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to, obtained through, or stored in any manner accessible from, our site or otherwise. As a result, any transmission of personal information is necessarily at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention by any person or group of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this site or otherwise.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our services are not directed at nor targeted to children. Accordingly, we do not use this site to knowingly solicit any personal information from, or to market to, children. If you are under 18 years of age, you should not submit any personal information to us.
Dated: November 3, 2021